Broome Community Events
Regular community events in the town of Broome in Western Australia include:
- Staircase to the Moon: a natural phenomenon that occurs during certain months of the year where the full moon rises over the exposed mudflats at low tide, creating a staircase-like reflection on the water.
- Broome Courthouse Markets: a weekly market held every Saturday morning featuring local produce, art and crafts, clothing and accessories.
- Broome Races: held annually in August, this event features horse racing, fashion and entertainment.
- Shinju Matsuri Festival: a 10-day event in September celebrating the town's multicultural history and Japanese pearl divers, featuring food, music and cultural performances.
- Broome Mardi Gras: held in June, this event celebrates the LGBTQIA+ community with a parade, entertainment and stalls.
- Broome Cup: a horse racing event held in August with entertainment, fashion and food.
- Community art exhibitions: showcasing local artists and their work throughout the year.