Broome Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in Broome. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Broome event simply Login
Events in and around Broome
Seasonal Fun and Exciting Events in Broome, Western Australia
Broome is a town located in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, known for its beautiful beaches, diverse wildlife, and rich history. Throughout the year, Broome hosts a range of exciting events that both locals and tourists can enjoy. Here are just a few of the seasonal events that you can look forward to in and around Broome.
1. Shinju Matsuri Festival: This ten-day festival, held every September, is a celebration of Broome's culture and heritage. You can enjoy activities such as live music, art exhibitions, food stalls, and Japanese lantern floating ceremonies.
2. Cable Beach Polo: In early May, Cable Beach Polo takes over Broome's famous beach. You can watch expert polo players from around the world compete and enjoy music, fashion, and food.
3. Staircase to the Moon Market: Between March and October, the Staircase to the Moon Market is a great way to experience Broome's unique natural phenomenon. You can shop for handcrafted souvenirs and enjoy live music and food.
4. Broome Turf Club Races: Every alternate Saturday from June to August, the Broome Turf Club Races bring excitement and glamour to the town. You can place your bets, dress up, and enjoy the races.
5. Broome International Airport Blessing: In May, Broome International Airport holds a blessing ceremony to ensure the safety of all who enter the airport. You can witness traditional dances and rituals before your flight.
6. Kimberley Moon Experience: This music festival, held in May, brings together local and international performers in an open-air concert. You can enjoy food stalls, bars, and a family area with kid-friendly activities.
7. Humpback Whale Watching Season: From June to November, you can witness the migration of humpback whales along the coast of Broome. Take a boat tour or watch them from the shore and experience this incredible natural spectacle.
8. Chinatown Celebrates: In September, Broome's Chinatown comes alive with a street festival that includes food stalls, live music, and performances. You can see traditional dance and martial arts, and enjoy a multicultural atmosphere.
9. Broome Aboriginal Art Awards: The Broome Aboriginal Art Awards, held in September, showcase the best of Aboriginal art from the Kimberley and beyond. You can see beautiful artwork and learn about Aboriginal culture.
10. Broome Bird Observatory Open Day: In late August, the Broome Bird Observatory hosts an open day where you can learn about the incredible bird life that exists in and around Broome. You can attend talks and demonstrations and see birds up close.
There are plenty of seasonal events to look forward to in Broome, making it an exciting destination year-round. Whether you're interested in music, culture, wildlife, or simply want to have fun, there's something in Broome for everyone.
If you would like to find out more about these events or what's on in Broome, here are some useful contact details:
- Broome Visitor Centre: (08) 9195 2200
- Shire of Broome: (08) 9191 3456
- Broome Turf Club: (08) 9192 2833
- Broome International Airport: (08) 9194 0600
- Broome Bird Observatory: (08) 9193 5600
By attending these events or embarking on tours, kindly note that due to COVID-19, some public health initiatives and/or QR codes may be mandatory to provide for tracing purposes for each event.